If you want to be a leader, Love your people/ employees:
All the employees need to be loved! It gives them a sense of belonging (team commitment), they feel that somebody is always supports and trusts them. Explore the importance of building your team by focusing on your people and your team climate.
Loving your employees is about helping them all find meaning, increase skill development, and personal satisfaction by learning continuously.
The best way is enabling people to learn continuously while giving them a certain amount of autonomy to take risks and be innovative.
Use the significant learning model and pay attention to step 5:
1. Action- doing
2. Behavior- conceptualization of the action
3. Norm- transformation of the behavior to a norm
4. Value- defining the value in the behavior
5. Redefinition- redefinition of the employee's unique professional identity
6. Teaching- Using the Anthropogogy model to teach the other
Step 5: Redefinition of the employee's unique professional identity- self-identity redefined.
The professional values are acknowledged by the employee and assist in redefining his/her unique professional identity. The employee knows how to describe their newly unique professional identity and explain what their unique professional contribution is to those around them. Although the learning process affected one behavior, it helped to redefine his/her whole identity to him/herself. Loving your employees is about helping them all find meaning, increase skill development, and personal satisfaction by making contributions that simultaneously fulfill their own professional goals and the goals of the organization.
• The result of Step 5: Reformulating a unique professional identity by the employee.
Give them also all the attention you can while using the next steps:
1. Publish a monthly newsletter. Make a summary of all the achievements and advancements that have a positive impact on employees. It can be a post in your blog. The advantage of having it in a blog is that it encourages employee's engagement, since they can comment on the post.
2. Start a blog, and invite the employees to read and comment on the posts. This tool is the best one for sharing detailed employees and team accomplishments and creates clarity. You can share your professional life and let them become more familiar with your vision. The blog allows for detailed descriptions of professional innovations, summaries of team events and projects.
3. Develop a team Facebook page to share events and up-to-date team information. Most of the employees use Facebook on a daily basis. It is extremely important to response to Facebook comments to foster two-way communications and to increase employee's engagement and team commitment. A link to the Facebook page can be placed on your blog.
5. Create a Twitter account. Daily updates on news, employees achievements, team innovations, etc. It is a powerful tool of improving the relationship with the employees: they receive pictures, video and text as the events happen, at home or on the go through mobile devices. It is extremely important to response to all the tweets to increase employee's engagement.
6. Make your professional e-mail. Employees can contact you at their convenience. Inform all the employees with your e-mail address. Allow employees to receive updates on their own terms. Always return employees e-mails in a reasonable time.
The best way to love your employees in order to initiate sustainable improvement is to trust and support them unconditionally.